Summer is a great time for outdoor get togethers. Spice up your next afternoon lunch gathering with these tea party recipes.
Chicken Cesar Sandwich (slow cooker)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 to 1 cup of your favorite Caesar dressing (like Cardini’s and Brianna’s Asiago Caesar)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley (if you don’t have fresh use around 2 teaspoons of dried parsley)
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 12 slider buns or 4-6 regular sized hamburger buns
- Place chicken in a 3-4 quart slow cooker with 1-2 cups of water, cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker using a slotted spoon and drain the water from the slow cooker. Place chicken on a cutting board and pull chicken into shreds, discarding any fat.
- Place chicken back in the cooker and pour dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. I really make sure that I discard any fat pieces so by the time I was done I only used about 1/2 cup of dressing but you make need more if you have more chicken. Stir until mixed evenly. Cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mixture onto each slider bun if you are making sliders or more for regular sized buns. Top with extra shredded Parmesan cheese and lettuce to serve.
Potato Puff Pastry
- 1 large potato
- 1 Egg
- Salt to taste
- Red chili pepper to taste
- Take a pastry sheet from freezer and thaw for 40 minutes.
- Boil and mash potato, add salt and red chili pepper according to taste.
- Cut the pastry sheet into square pieces of 2 inches side.
- Put small amount of potato stuffing (approximately 1 tbsp) in each of them, close sides by applying little water over the edges.
- Beat the egg and brush it over puff pastry before putting it in oven.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the prepared puffs on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes
- 2 large egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 bags shredded sweetened coconut (14-ounces each)
- Heat oven to 170 degrees.
- Whisk egg whites and salt until foamy. 3. Stir in condensed milk and vanilla to egg whites. Fold in coconut until well combined.
- Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper or nonstick baking mats.
- Using a teaspoon and your fingers, form macaroons into 1 inch mounds.
- Bake until macaroons are golden brown, for about 15-20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container
Creamy Nacho Dip
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can Mexican Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- In a medium skillet, brown sausage and drain. In a large bowl, heat cream cheese, Velveeta and sour cream in microwave until melted. Stir in tomatoes and sausage.
- Pour in crock pot to keep warm. Serve with tortilla chips.
For more recipes and menu ideas, visit http://zeenatskitchen.blogspot.com